Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm back

After almost 6 months of non-posting and next to zero exercising, I'm back and with an agenda.

I know, I know... you've heard it from me before. But I promise this time it will be different. This time I have a better schedule and I'm newly motivated. And there is nothing holding me back. That includes no self-pity!

So what's the plan you ask?

p90x.

I'm sure many have heard about this program. It is pretty extreme and exhausting. I was going to start with the simple p90, but I found it too easy. And I don't think it will provide the same results in 3 months that p90x will.

Let's get right into it!

Starting weight: 147.4
Starting exercise: YogaX

Now you are supposed to start with Chest and Back, but I started with Yoga, thinking that I could do it before work and it wouldn't make me all sweaty. First of all, that assumption couldn't have been further from the truth. I sweated my ass off. I knew yoga was hard, but this yoga was intense!! There are pretty much no rests, unless you press the pause button and you are in and out of the positions pretty quickly. I was sweating a lot! Also, the YogaX is 90minutes (I did not know this), and so I did not have time to finish all of it this morning. My plan is to finish the last 30 minutes (all balance poses) this evening.

So that's where I'm at. I feel pretty good this morning having started the day that way. Breakfast this morning was 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of granola on top. Probably about 150 cals in total. I'd like to get some protein in my diet for the morning, but I don't have much time to cook eggs. We'll have to see what we can do. I'll definitely try to get some protein in my lunch.

So that's it. I'm back. Join me for the ride if you want. Sorry for being so MIA.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I've always been very intrigued by P90x, so I definitely want to hear all about it!!

Welcome Back!