Saturday, May 31, 2008

"No no, Mr. Usher, I always bring water in an Absolut glass bottle. You know, I'm worried about plastics, and stuff..."

Whoa, long title!

This weekend is going to be a busy one, but I've always loved having a billion things to do on weekends. I'm not feeling so awful anymore about the, you know, bad news, so I think the weekend will help even more for that.

Last night I went to see Sex and the City. Beforehand we went to a friend's condo for cosmos and then we went to the theatre. Has anyone else seen it? I won't spoil it for people, but it was a movie experience of many firsts for me. It was the first movie where I've :

1) seen numerous women/girls wearing dresses fancy enough to be at a wedding,
2) heard women hurl insults at the male characters when they do something shady,
3) heard clapping after a good movie trailer preview,
4) heard clapping for any good kiss, sexual position, comeback or fabulous outfit,
5) seen so many digital camera flashes going off as people took pictures of themselves and their friends at the theatre,
6) heard the sound of a fairly full glass bottle of what I'm assuming is alcohol break in the middle of the movie after which the girl stands up and says to the entire theatre - "don't worry, I've got more!", or
7) been totally buzzed off of cosmopolitans and fairly certain that everyone else in the theatre was feeling exactly the same way.

It was awesome.

The rest of the weekend will look like this:

- catch up on blogs on Saturday A.M. and go for a quick run.

- get ready for wedding for law school friend midday Saturday. Many friends are coming to get ready at my place from out of town and then we are going up to Markham together. I can't wait for my mini-reunion with everyone. In first year law, I lived in a house with a bunch of people that included the guy getting married.

- attend wedding reception - my first Catholic wedding ever... I've heard they are LONG and boring and there is a lot of standing and sitting.

- check into hotel and then cab it to wedding at Angus Glen for law school friend.

- recover from wedding Sunday A.M. and have brunch with the law girls.

- meet up with friend who has lost 27lbs over the last three months! Way to go girlie! She's an inspiration!

- and then I'm in court all next week. watch out all you criminals!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I haven't seen SATC - I think I'm like the only girl on the planet!

Sounds like just the people watching would be entertainment enough!!

good luck in court!

Anonymous said...

Hi girl!
Sorry for the most delayed response ever to your comment about an early workout, I really did appreciate the advice! It is a great idea and I soooo badly want to get up and take our poor husky for a run in the mornings since we leave her on her own all day while we're at work! However, I CANNOT seem to pull my butt outta bed in the morning!! I keep setting the alarm at night, pressing snooze for an hour in the a.m., and then getting up at my regular time. How do you get yourself out of bed to workout? Should I wear my gym stuff to bed?? Haha! Please help! I am soooo not a morning person. Maybe I should go to bed earlier... :)

Alli said...

Loved the movie!!! Total LOL at your comments. I too had massive amts of cosmos this weekend.