Friday, October 17, 2008

Feeling the ache...

After aching for the past two days from the YogaX, I’m back with an update. I completed the remaining 30 minutes on the YogaX on Tuesday night and overall it was pretty good. The workout expects a lot of you. Fortunately, I have some background in yoga and am fairly flexible, so it wasn’t too bad. But for a person with no yoga training or flexibility, I think this workout would be incredibly difficult. With the workout being 90 minutes with next to no breaks, it was tough. And I’ve paid for it over this week. My body ached in places I didn’t even know could ache – but the upside is, at least I know it worked something!

Wednesday I was supposed to do the Legs & Back, and Ab Ripper workouts. This did not happen because I had to be at work very early that day and had a meeting that night, so I didn’t get home until close to midnight. So I switched my day of rest from Friday (today) to Wednesday.

Yesterday, Thursday, I did the Kenpo X. At the time I think I had a good reason for not going in the order suggested by P90x, but I can’t remember what it is now. But tonight when I get home I’m going to do the Legs & Back and Ab Ripper workouts.

KenpoX is best described as a kick-boxing type workout. There is a lot of stretching at the beginning and then you start by doing jabs, crosses, and undercuts. There is also kicking incorporated later on in the video. The workout is just under an hour and I was surprised that I didn’t find it to be very intense. I have to admit that some of the arm sequences I was HORRIBLE at, but overall, I found Kenpo to be pretty manageable. However, I was definitely sweating and getting my heart rate up, I just wasn’t exhausted.

So the plan now is this:
Friday night: Legs & Back, Ab Ripper
Saturday: Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper (doing the Ab ripper two days in a row may be too intense, but we’ll see)
Sunday: Plyometrics,
Monday: Chest & Back, Ab Ripper
Tuesday: Yoga X

…and then for next week, I’m going to try to get back to the P90x schedule, rather than my own confusing schedule!

This was a pretty boring post – sorry! I promise to post on more interesting life events later this weekend or week, such as my move next week with Ren. Boy (the hubby) into our NEW HOUSE!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow that sounds hard! 90 min yoga, ouch. How long are all the videos?

You bought a new house? Where? In Toronto or the burbs? That is so exciting - Congrats!

Courtney said...

Most of the videos are just under an hour (between 50-55 mins). However, when you add on the Ab Ripper video, that is an extra 15 minutes. The yoga video is the longest and I would argue most painful. But you could easily break it up between the Ashtanga type yoga and the balance yoga. The two are each about 45 minutes in length, so you could decide only to do one or the other, but I think you get the most benefit by doing both.