Saturday, October 18, 2008

Moving and P90x

So I survived another P90x workout - Legs & Back. I was able to do it when I got home last night before going out with friends for the night. The workout was an hour and focused a lot on squats and lunge-type movements. The back component was mainly pull-ups/chin ups. No, I cannot do unassisted pull ups, but I can do them with the assistance of a chair that I stretch out in front of me. I can put as much or as little weight as I want on the chair and in the past when I done them, I've definitely felt sore the next day, so I know I'm still getting a workout from it. I think if at the end of this three months I can do even 2 pull ups unassisted, I will feel like I've made tons of progress. Overall the workout was not that bad. I hate wall squats and the one legged wall squats - they are so painful! And I'm pretty sure that my bum and thighs are going to be in so much pain later today - usually I feel the ache after 24 hours or more.

So as I mentioned yesterday, Ren. Boy and I bought a house. We're doing our final walk through of the house this evening since we take ownership of it in less than a week! The sellers just put a new roof on the house, which is wonderful. I guess it was damaged in one of the many hail storms that we had this past summer - which is great for us, because now we have a brand new roof! The house is on the edge of east-end Toronto and the burbs right down by the lake. It is so quiet and peaceful - I LOVE it. There is a TON of green space and beaches because it is close to the lake. In fact, there is a huge walking trail along the lake, which will be great for getting outside more.

Right now my apartment is FILLED with boxes - but I still feel like we are no where close to being totally packed. There is SO much left to do! If anyone has any tips on smooth transitioning into a new house, I'd love to hear it! We already have a party planned for my 27th bday later in November, so I want to get this place up and running pretty quick!! I do not want to be living in boxes for the next couple of months... it will feel so good to be all settled in!

Anyway, it is gorgeous outside today, and I'm only in my midtown Toronto neighbourhood for a little bit longer. I need to get outside and enjoy it while it lasts! I'm so going to miss this place.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is what I love most about our new house it the quietness. I never really noticed the noise until I moved away from it!

I've never been able to do pull ups so I agree with at the end being able to do 2 being a major accomplishment!