Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girls can be lame.

Ren. Boy is going on a men’s vacation this weekend to go skiing/snowboarding in the U.S. I am being left behind because the women folk I hang around never do anything quite as fun and Ren. Boy’s men folk. The plan for the girls is to go see Bride Wars on Friday night and maybe hit the art gallery on Saturday.

These plans do sound like fun to me, but they sound like regular weekend activities that I would do anyway. I want to do something that is unique and extraordinary and causes me to have to spend close to $400 like Ren. Boy gets to spend. And he ALWAYS gets to go on these types of trips. This summer he is going on a big canoe trip, again with more men folk, and I, once again, will be left behind my female friends.

So this is what I want to know – why is it that men always go on these great adventures? Or is it my lame friends. No offence girls – I love you all, you laugh and cry with me and support me in every way possible, but honestly, can’t we do something other than drive to a spa?!! So I’ve decided to plan a trip this summer that is going to be extraordinary – but I need ideas.

I don’t even think anyone is really reading this blog… but on the off chance that SOMEONE is out there… PLEASE give me some suggestions! I’m open to anything at this point.. and it should be something that can be done in a weekend and is somewhat “city girl” friendly, because well, most of my gal pals are city girls. But I’m willing to break the mold and do something crazy too… so just throw anything out at me. I might just have to do it all by my lonesome.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hey I'm reading! It is weird like that eh? But then again sometimes we do some really fun things. Okay suggestions:
1. rent a cottage
2. shopping in New York City
3. road trip to Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec City (1 of or all of the above)
4. Las Vegas (but actually may be more fun with all the couples going)!!

Weekend getaways are pretty easy from Toronto - other than those mentioned above there is still Boston, Chicago for city getaways, Lake Placid, Muskoka, Vermont, Sauble/Wasaga Beach for more rustic getaways.

Hope that helps!