Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lattes, Jamaican Patties and Ice Cream, oh my!

This morning for breakfast I chose the healthy option of a Starbucks nonfat latte.

Okay, okay, I know. Not a healthy option. But is it better than not having any breakfast at all?

Through my weight loss struggle, I have become more and more aware of my unhealthy eating habits. For instance, yesterday, I was doing quite well. I came into work and made a bowl of oatmeal. For lunch I had brought a turkey wrap, and an apple. I also had one of those delectable double chocolate cookies, but let’s forget about that.

But then, for dinner at home, I had to run out to Pilates almost immediately, so I needed something that would take only about 2 minutes to cook and 5 minutes to eat. So what did I make? A frozen Jamaican patty. Yeah, I know! Disgusting!

And THEN, when I got home from Pilates, I had a bowl of ice cream. Now when I say bowl, I really mean about ½ cup of ice cream – so I think I get some points for portion control… right? Please affirm me!

So I’ve just been wondering to myself – what is this all about? Why do I eat such junk? Laziness? Cravings? Poor discipline? Probably all of the above. But how do I stop myself. Better discipline I guess.

So that’s me – all laid out. I have the best intentions – but I am failing miserably at this healthy eating thing. I’m not completely discouraged at this point – but there will come a point when I am. Because I’ve been there before. Ugh – don’t let me get there again. Hopefully the rest of this day will look a bit more healthy by the time it is over.

No comments: