Friday, January 9, 2009

Week in Review

So it is the end of the week and I have my weekly weigh-in. Unfortunately, I forgot to weigh myself in this morning, so I will have to wait until tomorrow – but my starting weigh-in on Tuesday was 150.4lbs! My highest weight ever. I was very disappointed. Before the holidays I was at 146.8. I have never weighed at 150lbs. But at the same time I find this very motivating.

Here is my progress for the week:

Exercise: I’ve had a great week of exercise. Monday started with going to the gym and I ran and walked for 6km. I was pretty sore on Tuesday, but I haven’t felt that muscle soreness in such a long time, so I welcomed the feeling. Tuesday night I went to a Pilates class that I’ve signed up for with 3 other friends. So I know that every Tuesday I will always hit the gym for that. It is a good reminder of being healthy! Wednesday I did an all over resistance training program, that included rows, squats, lunges, bicep curls, abs, etc. It took about 40mins in total, but really wasn’t that challenging. I don’t know if it was the weights I was using or reps, but something needs to change with it. And last night, I was back at the gym running/walking for 6km. I would really like to do a 10km this fall with Renaissance Boy – so that is what I’m going to try for!

Food: NO GOOD! I need to figure out some way to eat healthier at work. The problem is, I want to go out with everyone to eat, but the choices around our office are so unhealthy. Lots of fried food. And it is expensive. So I think next week I will limit myself to eating out only once. Which will suck in terms of social time with my work peeps, but will be better for my waistline and right now, I’m focusing on that!

Enjoy the weekend! I have a busy one planned!

No comments: