Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not a New Year's Resolution

I will say it again. I am back. Who knows how long it will be for this time? With me, you can never tell. But buckle up because my life has settled down or at least I feel more settled down since I last wrote in October. I can’t believe I only included three posts the last time when I said “I’m back”. And I can’t believe that I tried to get into a new exercise regime and diet plan when I was in the middle starting a new job, moving and I had packed up all of my dishes. Takeout food does not equal good diet. Here is what has happened since October:

1) Renaissance Boy and I bought a house, bought new furniture, painted, moved and decorated our house in time for…
2) Celebrating my 27th birthday (Nov. 20) in the form of a house party with our family and friends on November 27.
3) My sister-in-law announced that she is pregnant with her second child!
4) I won my first trial!
5) Renaissance Boy had another art exhibition and sold some pieces. He also scheduled a solo exhibition in February and is displaying at a charity event later this month!
6) Our first family Christmas on Christmas Eve at the house and our first Christmas morning!
7) New Years Eve Party at the house!

So now for a new year. I’m pumped for 2009 because I feel like life is settling down a bit. I am happy about this. I know that my life with Ren. Boy is never going to be boring because we love celebrating life and being young… and at this point in our lives we are pretty free to pick up and go whenever we please (aside from when work calls) because we are children free. And we try to do that when we can because this situation will likely change over the next few years. Don’t tell Ren. Boy, I’m pretty certain he would be happy with holding children off until we’re in our 40s.

And with having moved into the house, I feel less like the nomad I once was. I have a home! And, it feels like home. And I have a job that I love and that keeps me on a more regular schedule.

Having this regular schedule means that I can plan out my days with more consistency. And with no (planned) upcoming transitions I feel better able to make a plan of attack on the 25lbs I have gained over the course of law school, articling and my first 5 months as a lawyer.

FYI: This is NOT a new year’s resolution. I have made those in the past and failed miserably. It just so happens that the timing coincides with the new year. Purely coincidental – I swear.
I will be posting at least once a week on my progress because I am joining a group of fellow “Losers” (see
http://www.not2us.net/losers) who will be weighing-in on a weekly basis (Fridays). I hope to continue to use my blog to post my frustrations, successes and anxieties about losing this weight. Hopefully with everyone’s support, I will be able to FINALLY reach my goal of 125lbs! Oh to be that weight again!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Welcome to the Losers! We're glad to have you, and I'm really excited to have a chance to encourage you in this journey!! Good luck!