Friday, April 18, 2008

I feel lopsided

Now that the weather is nicer outside, I feel so much more inspired to be active and eat well. There is definitely something to be said about sunshine making you feel great. Last night I attended my first dragonboat practice. I admit, I was pretty nervous to start since the practices have been running since March, so I worried that I would be pretty behind.

But I impressed my fabulous self! Our coach said that he was surprised I’d never paddled before. I was gracious and said “thank you”, but inside I was giving myself the biggest mental high five and about a million pats on the back (and now I’m mental curtseying!). Okay, okay, enough gloating. Can you tell I’m pumped! Next week we start out on the water and that will be a whole different situation.

Today my left side is sore and tired and my right side is completely normal. It’s a pretty weird feeling, but apparently it gets better as the weeks go on.

So here are my plans for the weekend:

1) Get out in that sun! Saturday I have ballet in the morning, and I do need to do some work from home, but I hope to do some hiking with Renaissance Boy and maybe even attempt a run outside. The treadmill is so much easier, which is exactly why I need to get my butt outside!

2) Buy a scale! (cue the duhn duhn dahh scary music) I randomly weigh myself at the gym, but I’d like to get on a weekly system that can be done in the comfort of my own home.

3) Take some before pictures of myself to post on the blog for motivation and to track my progress down the road.

4) NO CARBS! I don’t think I’ve ever made it through an entire weekend without eating carbs – that’s my challenge to myself for this weekend and I’ll report on Monday.
Well that’s all. Have a great weekend and GET OUTSIDE!

2 comments:

Sara said...

that's awesome about the coach's remarks and your performance!! Maybe you are a natural dragonboater!!

Thanks for the comment! And good luck with your goals this weekend!!

Courtney said...

Thanks for dropping by Sara. Well it doesn't feel entirely natural considering the intense PAIN I'm feeling on the left side of my body! But it did feel good to get the positive feedback.

Stop by again soon!