Thursday, May 1, 2008

Downer

It has been forever since I last posted. I am brutal at this blogging thing. Gotta get my act together for sure.

Part of the problem is that I feel like I am making zero progress. Work has been crazy lately. I haven't mentioned this before, but I am currently an articling student and I'll be called to the bar in 6 weeks! For the last two weeks, my work load has been insane, so getting to the gym is impossible. Eating healthy is also hard when you are strapped to a desk all day and there are a billion temptations lying around. I was doing so well at saying no, but under the stress of work, I've competely faltered.
And I have a wedding at the end of the month where I will see all my law school friends, and I want to look thinner, not fatter than I was in school. This year of articling has added about 15 pounds to my frame... not good.


So I'm just annoyed and disappointed in myself.

I am so tired of all of my clothes fitting too tightly. I'm tired of thinking about another summer at the cottage and feeling gross in a bathing suit and shorts. I'm tired of worry about whether or not I have a double-chin in pictures. I am tired of comparing myself to everyone else to see if I am bigger than they are.

Sorry for being a downer, maybe it's the bad weather today, but I just feel junky.

1 comment:

Sara said...

wow that sucks (and stressful - bar in 6 weeks? damn girl!!).

I have like a grocery store of food at my desk and in the fridge for just in case moments.

I have some tuna, some granola bars (actually keep one in my purse at all times too), some dark chocolate, some tea (rooibos, blueberry-pom), some instant oatmeal and some dry cereal. In the fridge I have a container of yogurt. Sometimes I still succomb but it is a lot harder to when I have food! Alot of people also suggest a blow full of fruit too!