Monday, May 26, 2008

And She's Back...

So here I am, as promised. I’m fairly good at keeping my promises… although I still need to post those “before” photos… they are coming. Hopefully by the end of this week I will be able to get it together enough to post them.

I have some good excuses for my absence. First, I had a huge file that I was working on that pretty much put everything, including my social life, on hold. Second, I was in the middle of planning a small coffeehouse/art auction fundraiser for a new gallery opening in Durham. We managed to raise $2500, which was about $2000 more than I had expected! I had no idea how much work it would take to get this thing off the ground! Third, last week I was at a conference at Blue Mountain in Collingwood. Also very busy due to an surprise work assignment that I was required to hand in on Friday, even though I was at the conference all week. NOT FUN!

But enough complaining, onto the good stuff that I really should be sharing, like, how am I doing?

Surprisingly, even after the conference which served only buffet style food (in other words there were next to zero non-carb, non-fat, non-greasy, non-smothered in some sort of cream sauce options), I still managed to keep my weight at 145.4lbs. Not exactly where I want to be since I thought I would have been at least 5-7 lbs lighter at this point. However, considering my horrible eating and my inability to get any exercise into my daily/weekly/monthly routine, I think a 2 ½ lbs loss is pretty good!

But this morning, something glorious happened. I actually woke up and went for a morning run. It was fairly short – only about 25 minutes, but it was a start. And I proved to myself that I could do it. AND… Renaissance Boy even joined me – so sweet! I should credit Alli for inspiring me to do the early morning workout. She's been rocking it for a few weeks now!!



My plan for later this evening is to go to the gym and do some weights and maybe another 30 minutes of cardio.

I’ve also decided to keep my food journal on my blog instead of in a journal – which I keep losing or forgetting at home or at work. This way I can log it as I need to.

So here goes:

TODAY’S MENU:

Breakfast – orange and 2 egg whites
Lunch – Indian Buffet for M.A.’s birthday… stuck to one plate of food, and avoided naan and rice. I think I mainly ate some veggie masala, curried lentils and curried cauliflower. It was delicious.
Snack – tall nonfat latte with Splenda
Dinner – grilled chicken breast, grilled peppers and salad

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow that is one heck of a crazy ass schedule, and maintaining too boot - that is pretty amazing!