Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The hair is cut.

So the hair is cut.

Thankfully it's still long! Now I'm rocking a long but heavily layered style that I think will look sweet with beach hair in the summer. And all the damaged pieces seem to be gone. My stylist thinks it was damaged because in Nov. 2006 I went from blonde to very dark brunette. I sported that for 6 months and then last summer started to slowly go back to the blonde. Not slow enough apparently because there was a ton breakage in my hair. Sucks because before that my hair was uber healthy. So I just have to be diligent with taking my fish oil and multivitamins and eating loads of lean protein.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to post pics or not. I have this fear that because I'm a lawyer (or will be in like 3 weeks) that I should protect my identity. I'm particularly nervous about it because of the area of law I practice - criminal law. It sort of doesn't go hand in hand with people knowing a lot about my personal life.. so I'll just have to see about that!

Tonight I have training with my model boy trainer. I'm pretty sure he is going to kick my ass tonight because I totally stood him up last week while at the conference. (oops!)

Oh and does anyone have any tips for getting rid of or avoiding shin splints? I'm totally prone to them, but I love running. I'm not sure if it is the way I run or my shoes or if I'm just stuck with it... but any suggestions would be fabulous. Merci.

TODAY'S MENU:

Breakfast - so today I actually measured my breakfast and realized that I was eating 3/4 cup of Special K w/ berries cereal and only 1/8 cup of 1% milk. But totally satisfying! (I'd like to get back to my egg whites though, but I love the carbs in the morning).
Lunch - mixed greens with grilled chicken breast, pumpkin seeds and raisins
Dinner - unknown... ooo.. perplexing isn't it? It'll be whatever Renaissance Boy whips up. He's my master hottie chef.
Snacks - today I brought to work raspberries, carrots and leftover hummus. mmm hummus.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I understand your predicament but would still love to see your hair - arghh what a dilema!

Shoes are usually the culprit for shin splints, especially if you have flat feet. I have flat feet was tortued by shin splints during basketball but my friend fitted me for shoes before I started running and voila all gone. But my hubby still gets shin splints no matter what, so no long running on pavement for him!

But icing is key, ice ice ice and that will help!

Alli said...

My hair has GOT to be fried. I go from blonde to red to brunette all the time. I love doing different stuff every time I go to the salon.
I want to see pics!! Cant you hide your face?? haha.