Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On a Roll

I woke up early again this morning to go for a run. It felt great! And I did the same distance as yesterday in less time. I love quick progress. I'm going to have to lengthen the distance now, because a 20 minute run in the morning is just not going to cut it.

I didn't, however, make it to the gym last night. I ended up working late and so after a late dinner at home, Renaissance Boy and I hit the streets and went for a walk for just over an hour and a half. I think that is pretty good, although not the same as lifting weights for an hour.

Today is another day at the office and tonight I am getting my hair cut. I've had blunt heavy bangs for over three months now, and while they are super cute, I'm pretty tired of them. And it would be nice to look my own age for a change. Lately as well, I've been noticing that my hair has been doing this weird "christmas tree" effect... so that when I blow dry it all these little ends flip out all over my head. It is a crisis people!!

I have no idea what my hairdresser is going to suggest, but it might involve going much shorter. Right now I have long hair that goes past my shoulders. Short hair makes me look like I'm a twelve year old, so I'm scared.

That's it for now... there might be some drama later today (long story), so check in for an update.

TODAY'S MENU:

Breakfast - 1 cup of Special K w/ berries, 1/4 1% milk
Snack - vegan cupcake (brought in by a colleague who NEVER bakes... it was pretty tiny... i know, I know, excuses, excuses...)
Lunch - salad w/ raisins and soy nuts, hummus and whole wheat pita
Dinner - unknown... update to come

3 comments:

eurydice said...

hi swank girl. i lost weight by following the weight watchers plan. when that stalled, i upped my exercise routine and started running (last summer) and was able to take off the last of my remaining pounds. i maintain my weight by being pretty strict during the week and then doing whatever i want on the weekends. works for me :) and thanks for checking out my blog!

Alli said...

oooo I love new haircuts! Rock it out girl sometiems a small change is just what you need to give you that extra something. Post pics too!!

Courtney said...

eurydice - thanks for stopping by and for the tips! I'll definitely be checking out your blog again!

alli - i love new haircuts too, but I like it when they are still long... hopefully I'll be able to keep the length.