Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not so Swanky...

So last night I received some not so good news. I’ve mentioned that I’m an articling student in the area of Criminal Law. For those from the United States, articling is sort of like interning to become a doctor. It’s the final stage in the licensing process after writing my bar ad exams. Yesterday I found out that I will not be hired back. There are 10 students here and only 3 are hired every year, so I knew that the competition was tough. And unfortunately, I didn’t make the cut. I’m disappointed, but right now I have to be positive and focus on getting a job. So that will be my focus for the next little while.

And I would have always said that I don’t eat from stress, but last night, I was definitely consoled by my McDonald’s french fries and chocolate milkshake. I haven’t had those in SO long and I craved for them hard. And this morning, I got a GRANDE Starbucks non-fat latte. So bad. And also, last night I was in no mood to go to my training session, so I cancelled it. So I feel a bit like a slug. I’m hoping that I can get my ass back into gear with some hardcore dragon boating tonight. I’m going to kick Lake Ontario’s ass tonight! So I’m sorry if I’m a bit of downer for the next little while, but I will try to remain positive.

And I will try to remain on track with this weight loss thing. I’m worried about weighing in next week (which I’ll do on Monday morning). Especially since I have wedding this weekend that is also a reunion of old law school friends. The booze will be running, that’s for sure!! However, now that I will be unemployed as of June 17, I will have plenty of time to get to the gym!


TODAY'S MENU:

Breakfast - Starbucks grande non-fat latte w/ Splenda
Lunch - it's a mystery... I'm going out with a girlfriend update: went to Swiss Chalet (mmmm!) - had a quarter chicken with white meat, and a garden salad with chalet dressing
Dinner - also a mystery... another dinner out after dragon boat (I should cut down on this eating out... since I am unemployed!)

4 comments:

Alli said...

So sorry about the job fall through. But you know I truly believe everything happens for a reason and if that one fell through that means there is an even better one out ther for you. Try not to take it too hard.
Best of luck on the weekend eating. Its going to be a tough one for me too!!

Erin said...

My weekend will also really suck for eating, but after that, I hope I can get back in the swing of things. Don't feel bad about the lattes - especially nonfat - there are WAY worse things that you could have picked!

Sara said...

That sucks. But I, like Alli, believe that everything happens for a reason and even though I know that really doesn't make you feel better now, I'm sure that once something falls into place you'll look back and think "thank god..."

I may have seen you dragon boating - we biked down on the lakeshore (west end) and saw all the different boats practicing. Hope it was a blast!! Have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

Thanks girls for the support on both the job and eating. Sucks that the stress from one is sort of feeding into the other one. I'll curb it though!