Friday, May 2, 2008

Renaissance Boy hits the Big-Time

So since yesterday's post was such a downer, I thought I would write about some good news that is going on in my life.

So I haven't said too much about Renaissance Boy, my hubby. He's pretty amazing... to be fully truthful. Perhaps you're wondering why I call him Renaissance Boy. There are two reasons. The first is that he truly is a "renaissance man". He excels in many areas, is quite educated and embraces learning new things whenever he can.

The second, and not quite as interesting reason is that he's an artist. And a darn good one too. He does have a "real" full-time job as well to pay the bills... because man, we've got bills! But his real dream has always been to just do his art. And I would love that for him.

Recently some pretty great things have been going on for him. He's been doing a series that has received considerable attention from Toronto galleries. He had an exhibition in February/March with this new stuff and was even able to sell! Currently, he is being showcased at the Art Sale at the Art Gallery of Hamilton. This is pretty big.

When we were driving to the reception the other night, we sort of were looking at one another and asking, "is this really happening??" "Is this for real?" I mean, the AGH is internationally reknowned. Hopefully it will only get better from this point on.

So yeah, I'm pretty proud. Hopefully this weekend won't thwart my renewed efforts of eating healthy and exercising. We will likely be in Hamilton the whole time in his parents' house, where they don't believe in fruit or vegetables. seriously. his dad hates fruit. it's a carb and meat world over there.

1 comment:

Sara said...

First off - major major congrats to the hubby. That is great news and what an accomplishment!!

Secondly, the hubby is from Hamilton - I am too!! Crazy small world!!